To make the World a better and brighter place, we need to pull together, which is why ITSAf implements sustainable projects that align and contribute toward the Sustainable Development Goals.
My nine key SDGs
- SDG1: No Poverty. Goal 1 calls for an end to poverty in all its manifestations by 2030. It also aims to ensure social protection for the poor and vulnerable, increase access to basic services and support people harmed by climate-related extreme events and other economic, social and environmental shocks and disasters.
- SDG 3: Good Health & Well-being. Goal 3 addresses all major health priorities, including reproductive, maternal and child health; communicable, non-communicable and environmental diseases; universal health coverage; and access for all to safe, effective, quality and affordable medicines and vaccines.
- SDG 5: Gender Equality. Goal 5 aims to eliminate all forms of discrimination and violence against women in the public and private spheres and to undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources and access to ownership of property.
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy. Goal 7 focuses on a concerted global effort to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- SDG 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth. Goal 8 is to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. Goal 9 encompasses three important aspects of sustainable development: infrastructure, industrialization and innovation. Infrastructure provides the basic physical systems and structures essential to the operation of a society or enterprise.
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. Goal 11 is to make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
- SDG 13: Climate Action. Goal 13 is to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts by regulating emissions and promoting developments in renewable energy.
- SDG 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal! Goal 17 is a vision for improved and more equitable trade, as well as coordinated investment initiatives to promote sustainable development across borders. It is about strengthening and streamlining cooperation between nation-states, both developed and developing, using the SDGs as a shared framework and a shared vision for defining that collaborative way forward. It seeks to promote international trade, and help developing countries increase their exports to ensure a universal rules-based and equitable trading system that is fair, open and beneficial to all.